Chamber Event details
Thursday 21 June
Circular Tayside is a new joint initiative being delivered by Zero Waste Scotland, Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce and Perthshire Chamber of Commerce. It follows a research study commissioned by Zero Waste Scotland that has identified significant circular economy business opportunities in Tayside.
Launching at this event, the Circular Tayside initiative can help your business access free support to help you transition to a circular economy. It can also help you access grant funding that’s currently available to help you make that transition.
This FREE breakfast briefing is open to businesses across Tayside. Book your place now and discover how Circular Tayside can help your business.
- Learn how current linear business models (take, make, dispose) will lead to rising to costs, supply chain disruptions and uncertainty for businesses in Tayside.
- See how you can future proof your business, create a competitive advantage and open new market opportunities by joining a circular economy.
- Be inspired by global businesses already adopting circular business models and see how you apply circular thinking to your operations too.
- Hear first-hand from Scottish businesses that are also enjoying the benefits of circular business models, including businesses turning food and agricultural waste into new profit streams, manufacturers that are developing new business models to ensure long-term growth, and innovative SMEs that are finding new market opportunities.
- Find out about the free consultancy support available to help develop your business.
- Find out about the £18 million grant funding that’s available to small and medium sized enterprises that are helping to create a more circular economy.
- Hear from businesses that are leading the way and have already accessed the support.
This is one of two Circular Tayside launch events taking place in June. If this date or time isn’t suitable, please join us at Perthshire Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday 27 June. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/breakfast-briefing-introducing-circular-tayside-tickets-46649508937
The initiative is part of the Resource Efficient Circular Economy Accelerator Programme, which will invest £27million in Scotland in circular economy projects until December 2019. The Resource Efficient Circular Economy Accelerator Programme Fund is administered by Zero Waste Scotland on behalf of the Scottish Government. It is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
Zero Waste Scotland leads on delivery of the £73 million Resource Efficient Circular Economy Accelerator Programme, which aims to improve the economic performance of SMEs while at the same time reducing the impact of economic activity on the natural environment, supporting Scottish Government and EU policies.