To work in the cashroom as part of a team making sure that all cashroom duties are performed on a daily basis and to a high standard. Making sure all procedures are followed in accordance with the Law Society of Scotland Accounts Rules.
- To carry out daily banking tasks for both Client/Firm Banking.
- Working with the purchase ledger to process supplier invoices/payments.
- Reconciling bank accounts/statements producing accurate bank reconciliations on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Reconciling designated client bank accounts on a monthly basis.
- Processing/rendering all fee notes through Envision and producing cash accounts where necessary.
- Performing the cheque run at the end of each day for both client and firm.
- Processing all client & firm payments via online banking systems
- Processing daily uplifts/lodgements online for designated client accounts.
- Running daily/monthly reports.
- Opening of Boslink Accounts (designated client accounts).
- Dealing with all queries that come through the cashroom in a timely manner.
- To carry out month-end procedures.
- Post-dated cheque requests.
- Maintenance of sales, purchase, and nominal ledgers.
- Process daily entries that come through the cashroom.
- Expense runs
- Ensuring firm-wide compliance with the Law Society of Scotland Accounts Rules.
- General Cashroom admin tasks.
- Make sure that all tasks above are carried out in accordance with our strict procedures so that we remain compliant with the Law Society Accounts Rules at all times.
There may be a requirement to perform duties other than those given in the job description for the post. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to posts may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. Such variations would not of themselves justify the re-evaluation of a post. In cases, however, where a permanent and substantial change in the nature of the duties and responsibilities of a post occurs consistent with a higher level of responsibility, then the post would be eligible for re-evaluation.
- To have obtained the SOLAS Diploma (or at least to have completed the Accounts Rules module) and to have knowledge and experience of The Law Society of Scotland Accounts Rules compliance.
- Knowledge of Envision is an advantage.
- Experience and confidence in all Microsoft packages.
- To have experience working within a fast-paced environment and working within strict deadlines.
- To have experience in prioritising large workloads.
Blackadders is one of the leading law firms in the East of Scotland. Legal expertise, professional support staff and technical resources help to create a first class legal service for both business and individual clients.