• Passengers advised to plan ahead as some services may be busier than normal
• Bus and tram services for Christmas agreed with local authorities
• Strict Covid-19 secure protocols in place to allow customers to travel safely
Stagecoach East Scotland bus and coach services will continue running over the festive season to help people who need to travel for essential reasons.
Stagecoach has been working with local authorities around the level of local services required for travel over Christmas. Passengers are advised to plan ahead as some routes may be busier than normal, particularly with reduced capacity on services. Christmas timetables are now available at https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and-offers/east-scotland/christmas
Douglas Robertson, Managing Director, Stagecoach East Scotland said: “We have worked closely with local authorities around the level of services needed to support the area during the Christmas period.
“We are reminding people to plan ahead and check before they travel. Full details of our Christmas timetables are available on our website.
“I would like to thank all my colleagues in advance who’ll be working to keep people connected over Christmas, and reassure customers that we have strict Covid-19 secure protocols in place to allow them to travel safely and with confidence.”
Travel advice for customers
• Plan and book ahead wherever possible to try and avoid busy times and routes
• Use contactless to pay for your journey wherever you can
• Try to avoid making unnecessary stops during your journey
• Board the bus with a face covering, wear it throughout your journey and bring your hand sanitiser
• If you feel unwell or have any Coronavirus symptoms, please do not use public transport
Stagecoach UK Bus is part of the Stagecoach Group and is one of the largest bus operators in the UK, operating express and local bus services across the country, as well as a comprehensive network of intercity operations under the megabus.com brand.