Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £2 million from the Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging Programme for early-stage projects.
The Smart Sustainable Plastic Packaging (SSPP) Challenge aims to establish the UK as a leading innovator in smart and sustainable plastic packaging for consumer products. Its goals are to deliver cleaner growth across the supply chain, with a dramatic reduction in plastic waste entering the environment by 2025.
Your project must aim to:
- help make the plastics packaging supply chain more circular
- deliver the targets of the UK Plastics Pact improve on current state-of-the-art plastic packaging, or supply chain data
- embed life cycle thinking and end of life in packaging design and decisions
Your project must:
- demonstrate how it supports the objectives of the plastics pact and delivers systemic change
- clearly explain how you will reduce the UK plastic packaging system’s overall environmental impact
Your project must contribute to meeting the SSPP Challenge objectives, but we will fund projects that do not seek direct commercial output or financial value.
Beneficial information and outputs delivered by such projects must be made freely available to UK stakeholders.
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. The competition closes at 11 am UK time on the deadline stated.
Funding type: Grant
Project size: The competition will award grants ranging from £50,000 to £150,000 per project. The maximum grant to be shared between partners in a collaborative project is £150,000.
Find out more details here!
Visit our "Other sources of Funding" page here!