We at Circular Tayside are very proud of our local Circular Tayside Ambassadors Christian Williams and Sam Grace, account managers for the MDG group, for pushing forward the company's sustainability agenda. After a lot of work both inside the company and with external stakeholders, the two ambassadors came up with the Triple A plan to move the company and its clients towards a greener future. Take a look at the inspiring plan below.
MDG Group Triple A Plan
Businesses have a duty to ensure that they are acting in a sustainable manner that is healthy and beneficial for the environment.
MDG Group have developed a blueprint for business energy sustainability: The Triple A Plan details the three-step process of Accountability, Awareness and Actions. Its chief objective is to help MDG Group and our customers to work in a more circular manner, in line with the values of Circular Tayside, Zero Waste Scotland and the Scottish Government.
The steps outlined in this plan are all continuous and on-going projects. As the world emerges from the impact of Covid-19, businesses should have clearly defined objectives and procedures for a return to a greener, more sustainable normal.
As working towards Net-Zero and Circularity becomes part of everyday vocabulary, are you and your business educating yourself and your audience on the importance of green energy and sustainability? Have senior management bought into the concept and has the vision been imparted to all staff to establish their buy in?
As a business how can you play your part in the transition towards a Circular Economy?
What every business can do
- Commit to ensuring your business is powered by green and sustainably energy
- Green energy contracts provide an instant positive impact to any organisation’s efforts towards sustainability, immediately reducing your carbon footprint
- Reduce your use of virgin resources and manage your waste according to the waste hierarchy
How MDG Group can help you
- MDG Group will perform a full green energy pricing analysis specific to your business, highlighting potential suppliers and saving available to you
- MDG Group’s industry knowledge allows us to pinpoint areas for energy consumption reduction within your business, resulting in lower emissions and waste
- As Circular Tayside Ambassadors, MDG Group are at the forefront of Scotland’s sustainability movement, ensuring our expertise stays up-to-date and relevant. We can help your business on its sustainability journey through biannual summaries of your progress and achievements so far
How can you begin to inform internal and external stakeholders of these changes to your business and how this benefits them?
- Elect a Green Champion for your business, responsible for driving your sustainability movement
- Have visual cues and prompts in the office to switch off lights, monitors, and other electrical appliances when not in use
- Display documentation and certification showing that your business is powered by 100% green energy
- Promote your work and progress on your company website and social media platforms to make customers aware of your green commitments
- Ask each of your suppliers what they are doing in relation to sustainability and how this impacts your business.
- Inform your suppliers of your green energy and circular policy
How MDG Group can help you
- MDG Group’s weekly blog, ‘Clarity About Circularity’ provides updates on Circular Economy, and highlights customer success stories and other developments within the world of sustainability
- MDG Group continuously explore and provide updates on Government initiatives, loans, and funding available to your business. Sign up to our mailing list here
- MDG Group provide all green energy customers with official certification confirming that your business is powered by 100% green energy
- Using MDG Group provided material, you will be able to engage with all staff, ensuring sustainable practices are used throughout your busine
How can you achieve your circular and sustainability goals?
Measuring and monitoring
- Continuous evaluation of your work and progress towards sustainability as a business will help with setting and achieving targets
- Provide consistent updates to your customers about your sustainability practices and how this positively impacts them
Buy green, go digital and get a smart meter
- Step away from paper billing by requesting electronic invoices
- Install a smart meter to help track consumption and reduce waste
Maintain or replace
- Repair and restore office equipment wherever possible, reducing waste sent to landfill
How MDG Group can help you
- MDG Group can help to record your actions, track your efficiency, and compare how you are performing in terms of sustainability and circularity compared to your performance throughout the year
- MDG Group host mini-update sessions specific to your business, focusing on key energy related topics such as grant funding for renewable energy and energy reduction schemes, while also discussing your progress so far and identifying potential areas for further improvement
- MDG Group can help buy certificated green energy correctly, offer bill validation on paperless invoices and arrange smart meter installation
- MDG Group can provide you with advice on upcycling or ethical disposal to reduce your business waste
Circular Tayside is delivered by Zero Waste Scotland, Dundee and Angus Chamber of Commerce and Perthshire Chamber of Commerce. Circular Tayside is an initiative that: Raises awareness of the circular economy, the role the local businesses have to play in it, and how they will benefit. Facilitates collaboration amongst the local business community to enable our circular economy to develop. Supports individual businesses as they begin to identify and implement new and innovative approaches to businesses that support a transition to a circular economy Brings together a group of Circular Tayside Ambassadors who will be leaders in their sectors and champions of the circular economy.
Premier Business Cost Consultants. here's the plan specialises in business cost and energy consultancy – obtaining exclusive rates for your business energy, water and telecoms contracts. Experts in sustainability, here's the plan provides businesses with the tools to achieve Net-Zero!